Follow Us on Twitter

Follow us on Twitter: Eric @OAKDezey

Monday, March 21, 2011

Final Desert Report

Well, it's finally time for me to leave the land of Cacti. I was only able to catch one more game after my previous post, a 4-2 ninth inning win by the D-backs over the A's. So, some final thoughts.

-Dallas Braden's poor spring is behind him. He'll be a very serviceable pitcher once again.

-Brian Fuentes' delivery is nauseating. I know his blown save was just a hiccup in an otherwise great spring, and I know he has a proven track record, but man, every pitch just looks like its going to be matched.

-Choice and Taylor still look very much overmatched by good pitching. Both swung threw their fair share of fastballs, but I still see great potential.

-Eric Sogard is a line drive machine. I think he's opening a lot of eyes. He sees the ball well and hits it hard.

-The top of the Diamondback order is pretty scary, they have some potential. Especially if.......

-Barry Enright pitches like he did Sunday. For a number four starter with limited major league service, he looks pretty good.

1 comment: