Follow Us on Twitter

Follow us on Twitter: Eric @OAKDezey

Sunday, April 3, 2011

First Impressions of the 2011 San Francisco Giants


Now, now -- the Giants don't suck. But after dropping 3 of 4 in Los Angeles, there are certainly some things to think about as the season gets going.


A complete recap of my trip to Dodger Stadium and thoughts on the Giants' performance is on the way -- as soon as I finish hacking up all this smog and get the song "I love LA" out of my head.

In the meantime, Giants fans, don't get too worked up. It's a long season. All four starters pitched well this weekend and the three losses were really brought on by sloppy defense and one wretched at-bat by Miguel Tejada.

So chin up. AT&T Park is still standing as of 15 minutes ago when I drove by. And this weekend it will be packed with adoring fans -- unlike Dodgers stadium, which had about twice as many beach balls as it did fans by the third game of the season.

Also my two day attempt at a mustache has officially been shaved off. And that should give everyone a reason to celebrate.

3 comments:

  1. looking at you with that stash made me laugh about 20 times today. where is the laughter now? where is the laughter now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stache lived and died in LA.

    It came to this world for one thing, to get the Giants a win. It did its job and left us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miguel Tejada...I didn't hate on him enough yesterday.

    I hated on Rowand just fine though.

    ReplyDelete