Follow Us on Twitter

Follow us on Twitter: Eric @OAKDezey

Monday, June 6, 2011

The times they are a-changing

So, some quick thoughts and musings to keep you awake and entertained on this Monday afternoon.

-The first and best news is that the sun is out! Yes, we can finally warm up a little, and this pleases me like this dog is pleased.



-USC has been stripped of its BCS National Title that it won in 2004. Once again, Cal fans get to scream that they were cheated, to no avail. Still, I take a little bit of pleasure in it. Just a little bit. A sweet half smile. Ah, cheaters don't prosper.

-I'm really pulling for the Mavs in game 4. This Finals already will go down in history as one of the best, but it could easily reach that vaulted plateau of top 3 or 5 ever. The matchup is insanely storybook. The team with its aging veterans takes on the young superstars. I'm pulling for the Mavs overall because I'd like Dirk, Kidd, and Terry to get rings. However, if the Heat win, it shuts up every single pundit who said they couldn't do it. This will also please me. Thus I am torn, and have decided I just want to see a great series. I haven't been let down so far. Comebacks, LeBron, Wade, and Bosh doing what they do, and Dirk playing dynamite ball.... it's been a ride.

-The A's just can't seem to get it right. I don't want to say much more because I'll get upset.... but here's the fallout from the 6 game skid:

1. Kouzmanoff is now a Rivercat. That's right, AAA. Damn.
2. Adam Rosales is now the starting 3B.
3. Brett Anderson may be done. He's getting his elbow examined today. If he goes out, I'm not sure I like the chances anymore.

It was a very rough 6 game stretch. And the A's failed. Miserably. They play in Baltimore for three next. Gio is on the hill to start. They will win tonight. I stake my life on it. They're hungry. New reserve infielder Scott Sizemore will be our savior.

Song of the post:

No comments:

Post a Comment